DIVERSE FOCO IN THE NEWS
- Listen to the KRFC radio “Faith In Progress” interview with Diverse Fort Collins committee co-chairs. (Sept 15, 2020)
- Diverse Fort Collins founder Katherine Valdez was interviewed for the Colorado Politics “Voices of the Voters” series. (Sept 21, 2020)
- Town Hall on “Action and Allyship” presented by Fort Collins Interfaith Council and World Wisdoms Project, featuring Diverse Fort Collins and five other local community groups. Watch the video. (Sept 3, 2020)
- Colorado Politics article on DFC Aug 16 webinar “Impact of COVID-19 on the Larimer County Justice System” featuring Judge Juan G. Villaseñor, the county’s first Latino district court judge. (Aug 18, 2020)
- Here’s DFC Founder Katherine Valdez’ quote that wasn’t included in the article: “We all have unconscious bias. The key is being aware of it, and having a desire to learn how to diminish it so that you’re not treating anyone unfairly. It’s an ongoing effort. We never stop learning.”
- Thanks to Judge Juan G. Villaseñor for providing a fascinating look into the judicial system and to Rev. Kimberly Salico-Diehl for Zoom volunteer support!
- Panel discussion “Talking It Out: Being Black In America” featuring three Black community members: Saja Butler, Phil Donaldson, and Anthony P. McGlaun. Watch the video. (June 28, 2020)
FORT COLLINS NEWS
The nonprofit Planning Action to Transform Hughes Sustainably (PATHS) had until mid-October to collect 5,000 signatures by registered voters to put this issue on the 2021 spring election ballot.
- Voters would decide whether to require the City of Fort Collins to buy the former Hughes Stadium property from Colorado State University to preserve it as a natural area.
See more Diverse Fort Collins news updates on the home page.
***COVID -19 INFORMATION***
KRFC 88.9 FM Radio Fort Collins
KUNC Community Radio For Northern Colorado
Source (Colorado State University)
Colorlines (national news)
Latino USA (national)
NPR Code Switch (national)
Global Voices (international)
Fuller Project for International Reporting (Groundbreaking Reporting on women in the world’s leading news outlets)
See our History page for list of articles
Culturs: The Global Multicultural Magazine Celebrating Cross-Cultural Identity
The New Scene Magazine: Entertainment and Lifestyle for the Northern Front Range
Wolverine Farm Letterpress and Publick House (See calendar of events)
Diverse Fort Collins is a volunteer-driven community project connecting people with resources and each other. We’re dedicated to advocating for antiracism and racial equity.
Diverse Fort Collins is a volunteer-driven community project dedicated to advocating for antiracism and racial equity. We connect people with resources and each other.
Let’s co-create an inclusive community!
All welcome! All cultures, identities, and abilities.