The new website DiverseFortCollins.com will launch in 2019!
This site will be a one-stop shop for all things related to diversity, equity and inclusion in Fort Collins, Colorado:
Links to news, events, resources, community, history, and essays on what’s it’s like to live in Northern Colorado as a person of color or LGBTQ+ or…fill in the blank.
All are welcome!
Diverse Fort Collins editors seek personal essays of no more than 750 words (not including title and bio) about what it’s like to live, work, and play in our community. Deadline is February 28, 2019 (midnight MT). Thanks to everyone who submitted essays! Stay tuned for more opportunities to share your perspective. – 03/01/2019
- Include your essay in the body of the mail. No attachments.
- 12 point type, Times New Roman
- Include a suggested essay title
- Include a bio of no more than 50 words. If your essay is selected for publication, we’ll ask for your portrait but it’s not required.
- Please use language that is respectful and inclusive
Read sample essays here:
This exciting new website is a grassroots labor of love. We hope to eventually sell advertising and sponsorships, and receive grants to pay writers and artists for their work.
Please direct submissions, comments, and questions to DiverseFoCo@gmail.com
- Follow us on Facebook @DiverseFortCollins.com